Less Flowers, More Water

29 Jan

waterWhen it comes to flowers… less is more? I think so and I want to share with you why… these beautiful and unique centerpieces are becoming more and more popular. I, for one, love this style. The floating candles and submerged flowers are so elegant and romantic.

The fun thing about these centerpieces is that the design options are endless! You can choose different style/size/shape vases, different color/style candles, an array of different flowers or simply use flower peddles. You can also place stones or sand in the base.

These centerpieces are so trendy and modern, yet wistful and dreamy. I think they are truly a centerpiece of art. These centerpieces would work for every wedding at every location.  There is nothing more charming than candle light. For smaller budget weddings, or even huge affairs, you can never go wrong with candles.

In today’s economic forecast, this is a great way to save some extra money when it comes to centerpieces. While they are classic and elegant, they use a lot less flowers than a traditional floral centerpiece would. They are also something that could be easily created at home for a small wedding. They are a simple elegance that makes a big impression.

We love to use Lisa with Flowers by Candlelight because of her creativity and passion for what she does! Check out some of her work at: http://sites.google.com/site/flowersbycandlelight/photos and contact her today for further information!

See some other examples here:

Share your own creative centerpiece ideas…

Kristin Turner

Owner & Consultant

Merrymaking Events

Advertisements

16 Responses to “Less Flowers, More Water”

1. abncparties February 1, 2009 at 11:51 am #

I love your pictures, the warmth and the presentation. We compete, but our Company is an entirely different market. I’ll ask Mikey to put this on our blog.

2. Mary February 18, 2009 at 8:01 pm #

I’m considering doing this style of design for a dinner party for my parent’s 40th anniversary. I’ve heard that you should used distilled water, is this true? Also, how far in advance would recommend that I prepare these arrangements? If they can’t be done the same day, would the evening before suffice? Thanks!

• katkestler February 19, 2009 at 9:53 am #

Mary– This would be a great look for your parent’s party! You do use distilled water to prevent bubbles and I recommend that you do them the night before to give the flowers time to adjust. Best of luck! If you need anymore advice, I suggest contacting Lisa, owener of Flowers by Candlelight. http://sites.google.com/site/flowersbycandlelight/Home

3. Crissey April 14, 2009 at 1:03 pm #

I hired Lisa with Flowers by Candlelight that you recommended… wow, she does beautiful work and I am so impressed! Check her out and give her a call today! http://sites.google.com/site/flowersbycandlelight/Home

4. Caitlin October 22, 2009 at 2:35 pm #

How do the flowers stay submerged? I would think they would have a tendency to float, or do they just remain sitting nicely?

5. katkestler October 22, 2009 at 4:02 pm #

They do have a tendency to float, but there are ways to weigh it down… with some creative solutions. One of the reasons I love working with Flowers by Candlelight is that they are so creative and find beautiful ways to make it work!

6. Gerald T Reiner Jr. December 4, 2009 at 5:59 pm #

I am wondering what size vases are being used?

• katkestler December 30, 2009 at 1:36 pm #

Gerald, I’m not sure of the question. Any size vase can be used. I like it most when different sizes are grouped together.

7. Joy Johnson January 11, 2010 at 9:37 pm #

How do you get the flowers to stay submerged? I am REALLY thinking about dong this for my wedding. And just read that you have to use DI water. Where would I find DI water?

• katkestler January 20, 2010 at 11:41 am #

You can find jugs of distilled water at any grocery store. As for keeping them submerged, use your imagination! Rocks, weight of some kind, glue, etc. The options are endless…. just be creative and think outside the box!

8. Brit January 20, 2010 at 10:48 am #

Hello, the centerpiecs is gorgeous. I was wondering where you can get the vases for an economical price. I have 20 tables to dress! Thanks

• katkestler January 20, 2010 at 11:40 am #

Thank you Britany. You can find glass vases at many different stores, including home craft stores, supercenters and even online! If you aren’t picky about them all being the same size, you have a lot of options! Happy Shopping!

9. Lakisha March 17, 2010 at 11:11 pm #

I like the picture with the three cylider vases I would like to no are they real flower or silk flowers and how do I make them look exactly like that.

• katkestler June 4, 2010 at 8:45 am #

Lakisha, They are a combination of real flowers and very high quality silk flowers. I wish I could tell you how to make them look exactly like that … but unfortunately, the pro at Flowers By Candlelight, who I use for pieces such as these, won’t budge on her secret! I recommend finding a florist in your area who can help you accomplish a look like this.

10. Kristen April 6, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

I found vases and candles at great prices here! I haven’t ordered them yet because I am still figuring out how many I need but I will post about the quality once I get them.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Less Flowers, More Water - Another Great Way for Brides to Save Money in Today’s Economy « A-BnC Parties and More, Inc. - February 1, 2009

[…] The floating candles and submerged flowers are so elegant and romantic.” See the rest of the article and look at the additional […]