What motivates you to get in shape?

5 Mar
bikiniThere is nothing like a wedding to get you motivated to shed some pounds and get in shape. You want to fit into your dream dress and look amazing in all of the photos.

Staying motivated is hard work…. especially in the winter when it’s easy to cover everything up!  Perhaps you are motivated by another reason, event or “ah ha” moment.

What is your motivation and how do you stay motivated for longer than a week? Please share your reason for getting in shape.

Advertisements

8 Responses to “What motivates you to get in shape?”

1. Kate March 5, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

My dog. She is always so happy to see me, love me and cuddle with me. All she needs is a little fun…. and I enjoy taking her for long walks around my neighborhood. To see her tail wagging and her nose high in the air searching for new smells makes me smile. I do it for her, but am getting in shape in the process.

• katkestler March 5, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

Kate,

Thanks for your comment. Dogs are great and much more behaved when they get their exercise! Plus, they make it a lot more fun than if you had to go it alone. They really are a man’s (or woman’s) best friend!

Kat

2. Jillian March 5, 2009 at 12:18 pm #

I am inspired by my husband. He is such a wonderful man, and he deserves a healthy wife to spend his life with. We have such busy schedules between our jobs and our kids that we never get a moment together. We have started going for walks together after work and it has become my favorite thing. 30 minutes, just us, to talk about our day and enjoy being together. What’s better than that?

• katkestler March 5, 2009 at 12:24 pm #

Jillian.

I can relate to this one. It is so nice to have someone you love at your side to keep you motivated! Spring is coming…. so enjoy the beautiful walks you will surely have!

Kat

3. Jeffery March 5, 2009 at 12:20 pm #

My wife is pregnant and I don’t think I have the energy to keep up with a baby, let alone a toddler or god forbid a teenager! My motivation right now is that baby. I need to be healthy so that I can be there for my child and have the energy to give them the parenting it will take to raise them.

• katkestler March 5, 2009 at 12:23 pm #

Jeffery,

This is wonderful motivation. It does take a lot of energy, and a good amount of caffeine, to keep up with them! But all they do is eat, sleep and poop for a few months… so you have time to get in shape before they start sticking things in light sockets!

Good luck,
      Kat

4. Doraz March 5, 2009 at 11:32 pm #

I am motivated every day after I get out of the shower and look in the mirror!!! LOL

• katkestler March 6, 2009 at 9:11 am #

Doraz… So true!! Thanks for the comment!!